P2 Opportunities For Used Oil Handlers

P2 Experts:

Its been a while.  In our hazardous waste program we are developing several different used oil fact sheets.   Can any of you provide fact sheet-type/case study information on P2 opportunities for used oil handlers.  I am specifically referring to used oil generators, owners/operators of used oil collection/transfer facilities, used oil transporters, used oil processors/rerefiners, and used oil burners.  I realize that this is a broad audience so if you have any P2-related material specific to any type of handler, it will be deeply appreciated.

To narrow the focus a bit, the small business used oil generator community primarily consist of auto repair shops, new/used auto dealers, "quick lubes," fleet operations, and service stations.    Medium to large businesses include metal fabrication/machine companies and steel mills.  Used oil processors are primarily fuel blenders and used oil burners are probably mostly asphalt/cement plants, steel mills, and small companies that burn used oil in space heaters.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Art L. Coleman, Jr.
Ohio EPA,
Division of Hazardous Waste Management,
Technical Support Unit
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
art.coleman@epa.state.oh.us
http://www.epa.ohio.gov
http://pages.prodigy.net/lfairban/artcole.htm
(my bookmark "homepage"---> links on mercury,
mercury lamps/devices, computer and computer
equipment, dry-cell batteries, appliances, etc.)

                            IIIIIII
                             _  _
                         (   O O  )
             [___   OHIO  EPA   ___]