From: Art Coleman [mailto:art.coleman@epa.state.oh.us      	]Sent:
Tuesday, December 22, 1998 7:43 AM
To: P2tech@great-lakes.net				Cc:
Anthony.Sasson@epa.state.oh.us
Subject: P2 Opportunities For Used Oil Handlers

P2 Experts:

Its been a while.  In our hazardous waste program we are developing several
different used oil fact sheets.   Can any of you provide fact
sheet-type/case study information on P2 opportunities for used oil handlers.
I am specifically referring to used oil generators, owners/operators of used
oil collection/transfer facilities, used oil transporters, used oil
processors/rerefiners, and used oil burners.  I realize that this is a broad
audience so if you have any P2-related material specific to any type of
handler, it will be deeply appreciated.

To narrow the focus a bit, the small business used oil generator community
primarily consist of auto repair shops, new/used auto dealers, "quick
lubes," fleet operations, and service stations.    Medium to large
businesses include metal fabrication/machine companies and steel mills.
Used oil processors are primarily fuel blenders and used oil burners are
probably mostly asphalt/cement plants, steel mills, and small companies that
burn used oil in space heaters.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Art L. Coleman, Jr.			Ohio EPA,
Division of Hazardous Waste Management,	Technical Support Unit
P.O. Box 1049				Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
art.coleman@epa.state.oh.us		http://www.epa.ohio.gov
http://pages.prodigy.net/lfairban/artcole.htm		(my bookmark
"homepage"---> links on mercury,mercury lamps/devices,
computer and computer equipment, dry-cell batteries, appliances, etc.)

                            IIIIIII
                             _  _
                         (   O O  )
             [___   OHIO  EPA   ___]