Re: crematoria

The problem that I understand is that the fillings in the deceased teeth
are heated causing some mercury to be volatilized.  Crematoria typically do
not have air pollution control devices.  I understand that in California
the morticians have to pull the teeth prior to the baking.  This is
pollution prevention at work.  I do not know what other types of emissions
are released from the naked point source (often in close proximity to a
neighborhood).  Sort of conjures up scenes from ghostbusters!

At 08:51 AM 12/29/98 -0600, you wrote:

>We have received an inquiry about any possible environmental  and health
>concerns that might be associated with locating a crematororium near a
>residential neighborhood.   Does anyone have a source of information on
>this topic??
>thanks
>
>John Marlin

Bob