Green Health Center

This was from another list-serve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-conversation@newdream.org

From: Andrew Jameton

December 8, 1998
Dear NAD:

A suggestion for a future conversation topic:

My colleague Jessica Pierce and I are working on
a project we call "The Green Health Center" here at
University of Nebraska Medical Center.  We
are exploring ideas for environmentally sound
health care:  How can adequate health care be
provided to all with a minimal ecological
footprint?  What are our obligations to limit
health care environmental costs (such as toxic
wastes, limited resources) in order to protect
nature and future generations?

Our current project is funded by the Greenwall
Foundation of New York City.  We have seven
specific questions we analysing through June
1999.  We would love to receive input from
the NAD constituency, and we have ideas that
we would like to share.

If you would like to discuss this proposal with
us, we can send you more information on our
project.

Sincerely yours, Andrew

Andrew Jameton, PhD
Associate Professor and Section Head
Section on Humanities and Law
Department of Preventive and Societal Medicine
Box 984350 University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE  68198-4350

Office Phone:  402-559-4680
Office Fax:  402-559-7259
Section Secretary Carmen Pirruccello:  402-559-4325
Office e-mail:  ajameton@unmc.edu