Mops and Buckets: A Parable (part 2)

Oh you guys from academia, always missing the bigger picture.  Just to the
right of the faucets stand guards with shock prods.  The warden has
instructed them to shock anyone who touches the faucets.  Why ?

Union contract. Inmates are not allowed to fix plumbing problems. Inmates
are only allowed to mop.  That's why the mops and buckets are provided in
plain sight for all to see.  The inmates duty is obvious.  Only the crazy
inmates risk shock by touching the faucets while the sane ones just go with
the program. People will tend to do the right thing, but only if the system
lets them.

Just some wet thoughts,

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com