Re: Mops and Buckets: A Parable (part 2)

Mike,

I think you are only imagining the guards!!  The companies who are not
using Poka-Yoke to stay competitive in this very tough global marketplace
are using the Five S's to PREVENT spills.  This is being done in small
businesses, mid-sized businesses, and larger companies.  The businesses
with the guards and the mops will go out of business.  Many of my clients
are union shops and are using these very important PREVENTION tools led by
union workers.  As a matter of fact, the Japanese believe that no company
can even start a PREVENTION program if they do not have the discipline to
do the Five S's.  Systems that do not change, do not survive.  A few more
thoughts.

Bob

Dr. Robert B. Pojasek
Pojasek & Associates