ANNOUNCEMENT: New Regulatory & P2 List for Chemical Industry

P2TECH'ers

Those of you working with companies and facilities in the Chemical Process
Industries are invited to participate in a new Regulatory Issues discussion
list recently established by the ChemAlliance (www.chemalliance.org)
compliance assistance center.  This list was established by ChemAlliance as
a forum for the discussion of environmental regulations and effective
compliance strategies (including P2) of relevance to the chemical and
process industries.   Web-based sign-up for the list is available at:
conventionally by sending an e-mail to join-chemalliance@lists.lyris.net
The first line in the message should read "subscribe [your name here]"

Participants in this list are encouraged to post questions and discussion
related to the following topics:

      strategies for regulatory self-assessment

      strategies and techniques for cost-effective compliance

      understanding how specific regulations are interpreted and enforced

      the use of pollution prevention and Environmental Management Systems
as part of a compliance
      strategy.

In an effort to insure effective responses to questions, we have made an
effort to enlist the support of key individuals at industry trade
associations and regulatory offices.  We currently have people from the
following organizations monitoring the list:

*	Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturer's Association
*	National Association of Chemical Distributors
*	Society of the Plastics Industry
*	Ohio EPA
*	US EPA (various offices)
*	Solutia Corp.

I am sending this announcement to P2TECH in hopes that we can insure that
preventative aspects of compliance can be represented effectively on the
list.

Scott Butner (rs_butner@pnl.gov)
Technical Director, ChemAlliance
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory