Manufacturing Sanding Discs w/o MEK

	I am working with a sanding disc manufacturer that uses a binder
consisting primarily of MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) and ethyl acetate
to bind the abrasive material to the paper/ cloth disc. The
representative I spoke with said that this binder was standard
throughout their industry and she has spoken to trade association
representatives regarding alternatives and has found nothing.   The
sanding discs this company manufactures are the ones available at any
hardware store for commercial or residential applications.
	I have searched the archives and some other websites with no leads
regarding a more environmentally friendly alternative binder.   Does
anyone have any ideas?

TOM HERSEY
Erie Co. DEP
hersey@cdbg.co.erie.ny.us