Free Lunch! Free Conference!

Who said there isn't such a thing as a free lunch?  Owens Community
College and the Ohio EPA (with a host of others including other
local Universities, the City of Toledo, the Zoo and others...) are
offering a conference entitled "Pollution Prevention in Northwest
Ohio" on March 8th at the Owens Community College Audio Visual
Classroom Center in Toledo, Ohio.

This event is made possible by a grant from the Lake Erie Protection
Fund and will promote a new recycling web page created under a grant
from the USEPA Design for the Environment program.  Please visit
or web page (be patient, it isn't quite done yet) at
http://www.bgsu.edu/recycle/ to see what we've done.  The page brings
together all of the local solid waste management district recycling
information into one easy to access source.

This event is the result of a subcommittee of the Maumee River
Remedial Action Program (RAP) with the express goal of minimizing
pollution within the Maumee watershed.  We have collaboratively
designed an excellent resource bringing together much of the P2
information for our watershed.  The seminar is designed for the
general public.  However, other RAP leaders may have significant
interest in emulating or improving upon our work for other regions of
the country.

Please visit the Ohio EPA web page at:
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/opp/news/hotnews.html for further
information on the conference and registration information.  Hurry,
space is limited!

Yes yes, we know, recycling is not the highest tier in P2.  However,
for the general public it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than putting it out
to the curb!  Also, we will provide real P2 information (source
reduction) during the seminar.  The recycling web page is just one
piece of the pie.....
David G. Gardner, Chairman
Industrial Operations Technologies
The Owens Community College