RE: so-called levers

Yes, "regulation" doesn't have to be a four-letter word, but that
connotation sticks.  It's a no-brainer that I should exercise 3 times a
week; I'd be better off if I did but I don't.  Are you going to use levers
to make me in the name of lowering healthcare costs?  Similarly, it's a
no-brainer that a gas tax would yield net benefits, but it's not politically
feasible anytime soon.

"Regulatory lever" sounds like something used to pry me into doing something
I resist.  That seems inefficient when I'd be happy to move as soon as I
realize the benefits on my own.

States and EPA are getting better about writing environmental regulations
that are more economically efficient.  Mandatory P2 planning may be a good
thing, but what about intangibles like increased resentment towards future
P2 efforts?

Certainly it's frustrating that industry's attentiveness to the P2 message
is so much lower than their attentiveness toward regulations, but, to use a
cliche, "you can attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar".
And, in the case of P2 policy, honey is billions cheaper.

I apologize for straying so far from P2 Technology.