Acid recovery

I am working with a local aerospace manufacturer who
uses a mixed Nitric & Hydrofluoric acid bath to etch
Titanium.  They tell me that this is the "standard" method to
etch Titanium.  They are presently doing some removal of
excess Ti to extend bath life - this also leaks some "good"
acid out.  We are looking for a way to regenerate or
recover the mixed Nitric & HydroFluoric acid bath.

1) Does anyone have any experience with this?

2) Does anyone have a feel for how prevalent the use of
this mixed acid bath is to etch Titanium?

Thanks,

     David Westcott
     Office of Pollution Prevention
     Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
     79 Elm Street - 4th Floor
     Hartford, CT 06106-5127
     PHONE:(860)424-3666         FAX:(860)424-4081
     EMAIL: david.westcott@po.state.ct.us