Re: water usage

Neil:

I would like to append to your query, while folks are looking, any sources
for "Best Practices" for water use by sector and application.  And also ask:

Is anyone interested in compiling a Best Practices database focused on
resource use?  One of the hardest (and best) questions to answer is "How
good could/should I be?"  If we can get it specific enough as far as
application, this would be a great tool for talking to companies, a
specific "scorecard" on something they care about, and a nice "brick in the
wall" for starting the conversation about environmental performance.  One
caveat: no self-reported data, especially nothing gathered by survey.  What
we need are data gleaned from projects and experience that we all can stand
behind.

We are willing to contribute if others are.

>Is anyone aware of any studies which may have been done on average
>water usage for various types of businesses, including radiator repair
>shops? Thank you for any leads.
>
>Neil Kolwey, P.E.
>Colo. Dept. of Public Health and Env.
>P2 Program
>neil.kolwey@state.co.us
>(303) 692-3309

Terry Foecke
Managing Partner
Materials Productivity LLC (fka Waste Reduction Institute, Inc.)
1821 University Avenue
Suite S-219
St. Paul, MN   55104
(p)  651-603-8282