From:  Tammy Allen[SMTP:tallen@co.pinellas.fl.us]
Sent:  Friday, January 29, 1999 10:16 AM
To:  p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject:  Topping Off

Can anyone with a comprehensive understanding of air pollution assist
me?  I would like a local campaign to teach citizens to avoid topping
off their tanks (over-filling).  However, I cannot find emissions
estimates for how much air pollution actually occurs from topping off.
I also have found very little incentives to offer to citizens if they
don't top off (e.g. cost savings, health, etc.).  Can anyone provide me
information with regard to topping off?

Tammy Allen
Pinellas County Environmental Mgt.