RE: domestic wastewater reduction (was: Odor Prevention at Lift Stations)

Folks,

In regard to Judy's question, the Home*A*Syst program has a chapter on the
subject of reducing domestic wastewater for owners of septic systems and
other on-site wastewater treatment.  The chapter is on the web at
www.wisc.edu/homeasyst/ch4.html.  On the same web site is slide training
program on this subject, http://www.wisc.edu/farmasyst/sept/septtab.htm.

To get community members using these materials, Vermont Home*A*Syst was
recently awarded money to initiate and deliver the program with local
volunteer town officials and members of grassroots housing assistance and
"NeighborWorks" organizations. You can contact Peg Andrews
<mandrews@zoo.uvm.edu>, our Home*A*Syst co-coordinator in Vermont to learn
more.

Richard Castelnuovo
Farm*A*Syst/Home*A*Syst