Database

Folks,

We have become very interested in the idea of a database for agricultural
best managment practices, as we develop a computer software program
designed to help farmers conduct assessments of their operations and
prepare whole farm management plans.

The software known as the Decision Support System is a computerized version
of Farm*A*Syst worksheets farmers use to assess environmental problems on
their property.   Using this computer program, individuals to collect and
store farm-specific information in a database, perform worksheet
calculations, execute queries related to risk rankings, and generate
reports. The user-friendly software not only pinpoints problem areas it
offers users recommendations for taking action to prevent pollution.

In regard to the recommendations, we have assembled database of best
management practices that covers nearly every aspect of farm operation from
petroluem storage to woodlot management.

I would be very interested in participating in the discussions about this
database.

Richard

Richard Castelnuovo
Farm*A*Syst/Home*A*Syst