Waste Minimization Plans -Reply

Texas' Waste Reduction Policy Act (WRPA) requires that small and large
quantity generators of hazardous waste and/or TRI reporters put
together a pollution prevention plan.

We gave a guidance manual, the Pollution Prevention Assessment
Manual, to assist facilities.  The manual walks through doing a pollution
prevention assessment.  The manual also includes a sample plan.  A pdf
version of the manual can be found at:

ftp://ftp.tnrcc.state.tx.us/pub/ExecutiveDirector/AgencyCommunications/topdoc/rg/133.pdf

If you have trouble getting a copy electronically, please call me at
512/239-3185 and I'll be happy to put one in the mail!

Martha Arosemena
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
Small Business and Environmental Assistance, MC112
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX  78711-3087
phone: 512/239-3185
fax: 512/239-3165

>>> Richard Burns ORL <BURNS_R@orl1.dep.state.fl.us> 02/02/99
01:48pm >>>
Would appreciate any info re state mandated (or suggested) facility
Waste Minimization Plan (as required by RCRA for HW LQGs). Looking
for
required elements and/or a good sample plan that has already been
developed.

Thanks,

Dick Burns
DEP Central District P2 Coordinator