Filtration of spray system tanks

We are presently working with facility that has a five stage iron phosphate
spray system.  I have seen in-tank filter systems used on standard plating
tanks.  I wondered if any one had seen or used these simple filters on spray
tanks.
Configuration of the spray system would mean the filter would have to be
fastened to the far side of the tank.  I wondered if this reduced the
filters efficiency and effectiveness.
Any experiences / ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Greg Newman
NC Div. of Pollution Prevention & Environmental Assistance
PO Box 29569
Raleigh  NC 27626-9569
Ph: (919) 715-6515  Fax: (919) 715-6794