From: ctaylor@sa.kevric.com [mailto:ctaylor@kevric.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 12:29 PM
To: 'p2tech@great-lakes.net'
Subject: Plastic vs. Paper Grocery Bags

I'm trying to find some unbiased information on which is more
environmentally friendly to use: plastic or paper grocery bags. I've
searched the archives and didn't come up with much. I also searched the
internet and found some information that tends to support one over the
other (put out by manufacturers or special interest groups); however, I
haven't been able to locate anything that resembles a true study performed
by/for a disinterested third party. Does anyone know if such a study
exists? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
Christopher L. Taylor, Ph.D.
Senior Engineer
The KEVRIC Company