FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Plastic vs. Paper Grocery Bags

We use cloth bags for most of our shopping and generally prefer
paper bags when we do not use our cloth bags because we use
the paper bags for kitchen trash - but more importantly here is a joke
on this subject (which may have come from Reader's Digest and is
even funnier in response to Chris Taylor's question on paper vs.
plastic bags than in response to Jack Annis' question on wet vs. dry
paint booths).

A man/woman comes home from work and proudly announces to
his/her family that he/she has been promoted to vice-president.

No one in the family seems particularly impressed.

The newly annointed v.p. responds with astonishment and
proceeds to explain how this is a great honor and recognition for
years of hard work.

The family remains unimpressed.  One family member even
suggests that v.p.'s are so common that the local grocery store
probably has a v.p. in charge of bags.

The new v.p. is really steamed now and in a fit of rage says, "I have
had enough of this disrespectful nonsense.  I am going to call the
grocery store and show you that being a v.p, really is something
special."

He/she calls the grocery store and asks the operator for the v.p. in
charge of bags.  The operator at the store replies, "Would you like
the v.p. in charge of paper or the v.p. in charge of plastic?"