Re: p2 & emergency management

To add information from a different direction,  CEM has been used for
Continuous Emissions Monitoring which is tied to environmental regulations
and has a definite relationship to P2.

"Robert B. Pojasek" <rpojasek@sprynet.com> on 02/12/99 11:09:13 PM

Please respond to "Robert B. Pojasek" <rpojasek@sprynet.com>

To:   p2tech@great-lakes.net
cc:    (bcc: Otto K Schaefer/lift/us)
Subject:  Re: p2 & emergency management

Where does the term "comprehensive emergency managment" come from?  What
sorts of "emergencies" are covered by this term?  Does the term have a
regulatory basis?  I don't believe I have ever heard the term before.  Just
interested.

At 08:47 AM 2/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello P2Techers,
>
>We've been asked an interesting question about comprehensive emergency
management (CEM), one that I'm a bit stumped about.  Does anyone know about
an integrated CEM and P2 program/approach?  There is not really anything in
the archives that looks at these two things as an intertwined program.  Any
leads or insights would (as always) be greatly appreciated.

>cmd
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Catherine M. Dickerson
>Technical Lead
>Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
>1326 Fifth Avenue, Suite 650
>Seattle, WA 98101
>Phone:  206-223-1151
>FAX:  206-223-1165