RE: EMS Training

Andrea,

The American Society of Quality maintains a list of ANSI-RAB accredited
course providers for ISO 14001.  These providers would likely be able to
talk about EMSs in general if this is your interest and can tailor a course
to your audience if you have a sufficient number to attend the class, for
instance, take into account a regulator's perspective.

I recommend calling ASQ at 800-248-1946 and requesting a list of certified
course providers.  You may then contact the 12 or so firms on the list for
public classes being offered in your area or discuss having a class offered
at your site.   As a note, although there may only be 12 or so course
providers on the list, they often affiliate with local consulting groups
when offering training classes.  For instance, North Carolina's EMS pilot
facilities wanted an internal auditor training class.  I wrote to the list
and got a response from a NC firm that wasn't on the list, but was
affiliated with an accredited course provider.  They have some sort of
system for filtering information to their network of consultants.  A final
note, no one-day class is likely to be accredited.  Usually, just the 3 and
5 day classes are officially approved by ANSI-RAB.

Beth Graves
EMS Project Coor.