RE: Financial Analysis

Jeff--

My colleagues who developed the Environmental Cost Accounting Methodology
(ECAM--a servicemark of Concurrent Technologies Corp.) have used guidance
from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) found in OMB Circular A-94.
The circular references real and nominal discount rates for 3-, 5-, 7- and
10- and 30-year periods.  ECAM typically uses a 15-yr period of analysis.
ECAM was developed by CTC in cooperation with Coopers & Lybrand (since
merged with Price Waterhouse I think) and is used by (at least part of) the
Department of Defense for environmental investment and project selection
decisions.

Information on ECAM, including a downloadable manual and brochure, can be
found through http://www.ndcee.ctc.com/inframe.htm  Click on the ECAM item,
you'll then be prompted to register (for free) before getting to the
downloadable files.

I hope this is helpful.

Rod Sobin

Rodney Sobin
sobin@ctc.com
Concurrent Technologies Corp.				tel. 814-269-6895
100 CTC Drive							fax
814-269-2798
Johnstown, PA 15904-1935				http://www.ctc.com/

http://www.ndcee.ctc.com/