From: (Bruce Suits) [mailto:Bruce.Suits@cinems.rcc.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 8:15 PM
To: carla.walker@cincncl.rcc.org; dombrowski.john@epa.gov;
elizabeth_a._e._brown@hud.gov; fuligni.danielle@epa.gov;
george.emmalou@epamail.epa.gov; gllocal@great-lakes.net;
lindagprat@aol.com; lois_epstein@edf.org; marcie.burrow@epa.state.oh.us;
merrifld@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu; michael.kelley@epa.state.oh.us;
murray.dan@epamail.epa.gov.us; nfriedma@naco.org; nppr@great-lakes.net;
p2energy@great-lakes.net; p2reg@great-lakes.net; p2tech@great-lakes.net;
p2tool@uwm.edu; p2trainer@cedar.cic.net; parry.burnap@state.co.us;
roundtable@great-lakes.net; tbailey@cinergy.com; thayes@naco.org;
westfall.brian@epamail.epa.gov; willekege@muohio.edu; bethl@rand.org;
burchampe@pg.com; elongenecker@dshe.apg.army.mil;
jcmetc01@homer.louisville.edu; katie.brown@uc.edu;
michelerusso@compuserve.com; schababerle@iams.org; surber@surber.com
Cc: bdulli@ngs.org
Subject: P2 AND THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY

Dear P2 colleagues:

Please forgive any cross postings.

My good friend Bob Dulli works at the National Geographic Society.  The
 Society
is in the process of surveying the universe of approaches being taken to
prevent environmental degradation.  He remembered from earlier
conversations with me that I was quite positive and excited about
pollution
prevention.  He would like to describe what we are doing to his
colleagues
as they prepare their report.  It is important that we present this in a
way that is easily understood.  As you know, the National Geographic
Society has a worldwide audience of millions.  Let's take this
opportunity
to introduce them to pollution prevention.

Please send me, via email, in as few words as possible, your favorite P2
 success
story(ies) that provide(s) the following information:

*The who, what, when, where, why and how.
*The elimination or reduction in pollution, i.e., how much of what?
*The cost savings (annual, long term, direct and/or indirect)

That's it!

I think private sector examples may have the most significant impact,
but examples from local, state, national governments and NGOs, non
profits,
etc. are welcomed.  Remember, we want to provide simple, easy to
understand,
examples.

We may only have a couple of days to possibly get this included in their
report, so please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce

J. Bruce Suits
Pollution Prevention Manager