Chromate

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out. We have a division of
our company that makes screens for another division of our company that does the
printing. The division that makes the screens is having a problem with high
chromium numbers. This is being caused by washing the emulsions of off the
screen so that they can be reused. The chromium(actually chromate) is coming
from the emulsion on the screens. Does anyone have any suggestions in
eliminating this problem. We know would could precipitate it out with SO2, but
we were wondering if there was another way, other rhan chemical treatment. Thank
you very much.

Mike