Re: [Fwd: alternative for phosporic acid cleaners?]

Steam or VERY hot water will also clean and remove much grease and some of
the burned on material with little waste, and still leave the oil and water
readily separable.  My choice would be to segregate cleaning wastes -- those
with detergent and soap (I am including NaOH and Phos acid) vs. those
resulting from steam or hot water cleaning.  The latter separate easily, the
former may take more work, particularly to de-saponify the oil from the
detergents and soaps.  BTW using straight HW or steam as a precleaning step
means that less detergent is needed when it is used, therefore less of a
problem and some less purchase cost.

Ralph

Ralph E. Cooper, Ph.D.
J.D. expected May 1999