household hazardous waste programs

Hello all,

One of our local hazardous waste folks has asked us if we can find out some details about other household hazardous waste programs out there.

Are there any studies that have been done anywhere that examine what, if any correlation there is between access to/ease of disposal and use of hazardous materials (either increasing or decreasing)?  Are there any solid waste studies (i.e. between accessibility of recycling and impact on waste reduction?)

The frame of reference is household hazardous waste programs, but any information about other programs would also probably be useful.

I've checked out the archives and there isn't too much there.  Any leads, etc., would be wonderful.  Thanks!

cmd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine M. Dickerson
Technical Lead
Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
1326 Fifth Avenue, Suite 650
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone:  206-223-1151
FAX:  206-223-1165