RE: educational web pages for kid

Pam--

There's a lot out there.  We compiled a few listings for a Girl Scout troop
that visited us recently.  The Girl Scouts have an ecoawareness (or
something like that) badge they can earn. The following, I'm sure, is just
the tip of the iceberg--

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Explorer's Club
http://www.epa.gov/kids/
also there are buttons for "students" and "teachers" on the EPA main page
http://www.epa.gov

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Groundwater and Drinking
Water
http://www.epa.gov/safewater/kids/index.html

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Water
http://www.epa.gov/OGWDW/educ.html

Environmental Associates:  Know your Environment
http://www.acnatsci.org/erd/ea/KYE_article_index.html

U.S. Department of Energy Science Pages for Kids (about 40 links)
http://home.doe.gov/educate/edusp.htm

Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/enved/students.shtml

Pennsylvania Department of Education
http://www.pde.psu.edu/kidsplac.html

United States Fish and Wildlife Service
http://www.fws.gov/

National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
http://www.websites.noaa.gov/guide/education/education.html

National Park Service
http://www.nps.gov/interp/learn.htm

The Energy Department's Education Community
http://www.sandia.gov/ESTEEM/home.html

National Wildlife Federation (publishes Ranger Rick too)
http://www.nwf.org/kids/

Discovery Channel School  (more than science and environment)
http://school.discovery.com/

National Geographic Kids http://www.nationalgeographic.com/kids/

Scientific American Explorations http://www.explorations.org/

GPU Kids (electric utility site on energy, with games)
http://www.gpukids.com/

Also see numerous envtal education links, including sites hosted by
elementary schools, at the Environmental WebDirectory
http://www.webdirectory.com/Education/

I hope this is helpful.

Rod

Rodney Sobin
sobin@ctc.com
Concurrent Technologies Corp.				tel. 814-269-6895
100 CTC Drive							fax
814-269-2798
Johnstown, PA 15904-1935				http://www.ctc.com/

http://www.ndcee.ctc.com/