RE: P2 potato chip factory

	--Regarding the chip bag during change-over, have you been able to
minimize the number of bags wasted by reviewing/observing the change-over
process?  Like the juice box topic I introduced several days ago, you may be
able to send back uncontaminated packaging to the supplier as back
shipments.  The supplier could then manage uncontaminated bags with its own
rejects.  Check about negotiating this arrangement up front in the supply
contract.

	--Regarding the plastic strapping, try sending it back to the
supplier as well 	OR	try the PA Department of Environmental
Protection web page at 	http://www.dep.state.pa.us
		--CHOOSE  the Recycling Works logo(just below the falcon
page) you will arrive at the Pennsylvania Recycling Page.
		--From the Pennsylvania Recycling Page CHOOSE Recycling Site
Map/Recycling Links -- toward the bottom is a list of resource
organizations.
		-In addition, from the Pennsylvania Recycling Page SCROLL
toward the bottom of the page to Pennsylvania Recycled Product
Manufacturers/Packaging Materials.  You will find a listing of
manufacturers.  In PA, plastic strapping is recycled by ST. JUDE POLYMER
CORP., 1 INDUSTRIAL PARK FRACKVILLE PA 17931 717-874-1220,  Plastics
recycled include:  PET Pellets, HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Slip Sheets
HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate).

	Other web sites I found from a cursory review were:
http://environment.miningco.com/msubrcy2.htm?rf=dp&COB=home ,
http://www.recycle.net/recycle/Plastic/products/index.html , and
http://www.earthsystems.org/list/recycle/author.html  (look for recycled
plastics)  .

	--Another source of help might be a waste exchange such as one that
serves some of the north eastern states, Millennium Exchange, Ltd.
http://www.mmex.com/

	Jo Anne Hollash	PA DEP - OPPCA  15th FL, RCSOB	P. O. Box 8772
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772
	Voice   717-787-0121	Fax   717-783-2703		E-mail
hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us
	Please visit our Web Site:   http://www.dep.state.pa.us
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.  We allow them
to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.		--
Buckminster Fuller