RE: Reuse of Stainless Steel Blasting Material

First consideration, has the facility with the waste looked at its process
to reduce the amount of blasting needed = pollution prevention/source
reduction approach?

Has your facility spoken to the stainless steel shot processor.  Perhaps
there would be an outlet through the supplier(what do they do with waste
"fines" from their process).  In addition, there are materials/waste
exchanges that may be able to advertise this material to other businesses.
In Pennsylvania, Millennium Exchange, Ltd. provides this service.  There may
be a similar service in Texas.

Might one of the metallurgy programs at a college or university in Texas
have some contact people?

In addition, businesses which recycle steel may be willing to share names of
out-of-state steel recyclers with you.  PA DEP has information about PA
businesses that recycle steel.  These businesses may have contact with steel
recyclers in your state.  Try PA DEP's recycling page.  The recycling page
is accessible from the PA DEP's main page.  Use the following web address:
http://www.dep.state.pa.us  .
	CHOOSE the Recycling Works logo (about 3/4 of the length of the DEP
home page/
	Pennsylvania Recycled Product Manufacturers (near the bottom of the
page) / Go to the Producers of .....  	Cans and Metals.   ( Here you will
find a list of steel recycling businesses in PA. )

In addition, the following web sites may be helpful.  This message is for
information purposes and is not an endorsement of any business/organization.

Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel Trading: Metals Prime & Surplus Inc.
Prime & Surplus Incorporated is a trading company engaged primarily in the
purchase and sale of steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. We buy and sell
nationwide dealing
...http://www.whatuseek.com/cgi-bin/redirect.go?url=http://www.websg.com/mps
/
Palm Beach Metal/Scrap Metal Recycler Import Export Steel Copper Processor
Alloys Center Yard Recycle Stainless Aluminum cans.  Palm Beach Metal, Inc.
is a buyer/dealer of all Non-Ferrous Scrap Metals. Call (561-689-0909) or
fax (561-697-8760) or e-mail today for information from one of our ...
http://www.whatuseek.com/cgi-bin/redirect.go?url=http://pbmetal.com/

DOE has formed a crosscutting Steel Team within the Office of Industrial
Technologies. This site has a listing of trade associations and others
relating to the steel industry.  Also there is a "steel team" contact
telepohne number at this site.   http://www.oit.doe.gov/steel/#more

	Jo Anne Hollash	PA DEP - OPPCA  	15th FL, RCSOB	P. O. Box
8772			Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772  Voice   717-787-0121	Fax
717-783-2703	E-mail  ollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us
	Please visit our Web Site:   http://www.dep.state.pa.us
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.  We allow them
to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.		--
Buckminster Fuller