Re: Drylene 800

I believe Shell manufactures this solvent, but I'm not sure - it's got a
higher flashpoint than other Stoddard petroleum solvents. It's probably in
the same family as Exxon's DF2000 - synthetic, aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent.
A drycleaner can convert a perc machine to Drylene, but it's not often done
this way - most people buy new machines.
The solvent is not currently a listed hazardous waste, but I suppose it
could be listed in the future - I don't think the waste would be a
characteristic waste, either, unless there were some other constituents
that would cause it to be ignitible, corrosive, reactive, etc.
hope this helps.
Dave Wintz
IN Dept of Env Mgmt
317/233-1194

>>> "Marlyn Aguilar - SHWB" <maguilar@eha.health.state.hi.us> 04/15/99
10:11AM >>>
Hi again!!
Has anyone heard of a drycleaning solvent called Drylene 800? It's
manufactured in Italy. It supposedly generates no hazardous waste
and is used as an alternative to perc. I would appreciate any info
on this. Thanks
Marlyn Aguilar
Waste Minimization Coordinator
Hawaii Deparment of Health