Re: Subject: HCl waste options?

Some points for consideration:

	--Has a process evaluation been done to see HCl  might be generated
in lesser amounts or not at all?

	--Might the generator distill HCl for other use within its own
facility?

	--Might the acid be of a proper concentration and uncontaminated
enough for an etching operation?  For example, are electroplating
firms, located near the generator, able to use the acid?

	--Might the acid be used to neutralize caustics at another business
near the generator?  For example, food processors often generate
high pH wastewater.  Check on requirements for wastewater treatment and
other permits.

	--Since a waste exchange is being considered, Millennium Exchange,
Ltd. serves Pennsylvania.  The web address is
http://www.mmex.com/  .  The address and contact information are as follows:
P.O. Box 4875, Annapolis, MD 21403
		William M. Sloan, Chief Operating Officer
Voice: 410-280-2080	Fax 410-280-0025

	Jo Anne Hollash	PA DEP - OPPCA  15th FL, RCSOB	P. O. Box 8772
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772
	Voice   717-787-0121	Fax   717-783-2703	E-mail
hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us
	Please visit our Web Site:   http://www.dep.state.pa.us
	Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.
	We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their
value.		--	Buckminster Fuller

------