Re: 33/50 Program

Dear Mr. Herb,

	I can't help you directly with your problem, but there is an interesting
discussion of data and reporting in 33/50 (and the Canadian ARET program)
as well as some useful citations in Kathryn Harrison's recent article
"Talking with the Donkey: Cooperative Approaches to Environmental Policy"
Journal of Industrial Ecology, vol 2, #3.  The article is available in full
text at on the journal's web site <http://mitpress.mit.edu/JIE>, click on
sample articles.

Reid Lifset

At 04:48 PM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear P2Tech,
>
>I thought I was searching for something simple, and despite acquiring a
>significant amount of information, have seem to hit a dead end.  Specific to
>USEPA's 33/50 Program, can anyone tell me where I can find published data on
>the rate of reporting source reduction activities of facilities that
>participated in the 33/50 Program to those facilities that did not
>participate in the program?  Thanks,
>
>David Herb
>Technical Assistance Engineer
>Pollution Prevention Section
>MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
>2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
>P.O. Box 30457
>Lansing, MI 48909-7957
>
>Phone: 517-241-8176
>Fax: 517-373-3676
>Email: herbdw@state.mi.us
>
>Environmental Assistance Center 1-800-662-9278
>Visit the MDEQ-EAD Website at: http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/

Program on Solid Waste Policy
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Yale University
205 Prospect Street
New Haven,CT 06511-2189  USA
203-432-3253 (telephone)