(Fwd) listserve message

Hawaii Solid and Hazardous Waste Branch has committed to support the
Western Regional Pollution Prevention Center and to serve as the lead
agency collecting good resources on Pollution Prevention opportunities
and technologies for the Agricultural Industry and P2 relating to
Island Ecosystems.   So far, we have collected very little
information.

Please help us to expand our bibliography of P2 Agriculture
information.  Since we are primarily a regulatory agency addressing
waste management and minimization,  our current library is limited to
composting information, and this topic is much broader.

We have defined the topic to include the following information:

 Pesticide application efficiency, less toxic substitutes, natural
 pest control 		alternatives; Composting;
  Water efficiency and water use reduction;
 Runoff prevention/control and soil conservation; and
 Energy efficiency and energy use reduction in agricultural
 activities.

If you can forward your recommendations for useful and informative P2
resources which address agriculture or island ecosystems, kindly
forward the names and the sources by either E-mail, fax or mail.

Marlyn Aguilar or Carrie McCabe
Solid and Hazardous Waste Branch
Hawaii Dept. Of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd. #212
Honolulu, Hawaii   96814

PH:	(808) 586-4226
FAX:	(808) 586-7509

E-MAIL:	maguilar@eha.health.state.hi.us
Or		cmccabe@eha.health.state.hi.us

Thanks for your time and assistance.

HONOLULU WEATHER REPORT for Monday, May 3, 1999:
Partly cloudy but HOT.  Kona winds, light and warm.  Wear sunscreen,
not silk.
Marlyn