Re: Non-mercury thermometers

Tammy,

The website of the Sustainable Hospitals Project has a list of
alternatives.

www.uml.edu/centers/LCSP/hospitals/

John A. Bernardo
P2 Coordinator, Idaho DEQ
1410 N. Hilton
Boise, ID  83706
(208) 373-0114  phone
(208) 373-0342 fax
jbernard@deq.state.id.us

>>> "Tammy Allen" <tallen@co.pinellas.fl.us> 05/07 11:36 AM >>>
Does anyone have a contact for purchasing non-mercury medical
thermometers for household use or know of a company chain that would
provide discount coupons for the purchase of the thermometers.

The least expensive thermometers I have found are still $2.55 each and
I have only a $750 budget.  I need to purchase approximately 500 so
obviously, I need a sponsor or a lower cost per thermometer.  Help!  I
only have a short time in which to organize a thermometer trade-in for
homeowners to raise awareness of the sources & proper disposal of
mercury-containing wastes.