Re: moss on structures

Catherine,

There was testing done in the Navy that showed borates and carbonates
effective in removing mold and inhibiting regrowth.  Maybe these would
work on moss also.  Cl compounds were avoided there because of potential
for corrosion.  If the structure can handle it, sodium bicarbonate/water
solution impingement might be an option.

Phil Bevilacqua
NJ Technical Assistance Program