Re: alternatives to cadmium use in plastics and PVC

At 14:44 99-05-27 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>The Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention has received a request from a
>client who is looking for alternatives to using cadmium in plastics and PVC.
>Cadmium is used as a pigment and as a stabliser in these products.  Also, if
>anyone has any information on lead and tributyltin in plastic and PVC, it
would
>also be appreciated.
>
>We will forward the responses to our client.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention
>100 Charlotte Street
>Sarnia, ON  N7T 4R2
>519-337-3423
>Fax: 519-337-3486
>Email: c2p2@sarnia.com
>http://c2p2.sarnia.com

I recently visited Geon-Synergistics, a plastics manufacturer near
Montreal.  You could contact M. Pierre Lego who is the Health and Safety
Coordinator at that company.  I believe they manufacture cadmium-free
plastics.  His phone is :  450-454-3931 ext: 311.  His Email is :
legop@geon.com

Ragards,

Denis Begin, M.Sc.
Research Assistant
University of Montreal
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
PO Box 6128, Main Station
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7

514-343-2170
514-343-2200 (fax)