RE: DBE Distillation

Jeff -

I agree with Mike that a bit more specification on the problem might help
the group to provide you with useful suggestions.  Nonetheless, he provides
some good recommendations.  I'd also add the suggestion that you look at
how much of the DBE is being lost to the "bottoms" stream (e.g., the resin
and other material taken out of the still bottoms)?  Often times, the high
viscosity of still bottoms prevents the complete recovery of solvent from
such streams -- instead a portion of the solvent remains trapped in the
still bottoms to maintain "flowability."  This can sometimes be improved by
using a wiped-surface heat exchanger as the reboiler.

Scott Butner (rs_butner@pnl.gov)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
4000 NE 41st Street, Seattle WA   98105
(206)-528-3290 voice/(206)-528-3552 fax