Meat Packing Cardboard and Plastic Wastes

Hello,

I have a meat packing client who is currently landfilling "wet" plastics and
incinerating "wet" cardboard (wet means that the materials have directly
contacted wet meats or cheeses).

Are there any options to recycle meat-contaminated plastics or cardboard?
At the very least I plan to recommend heat recovery of exhaust from the
burning of the cardboard, but I'd like to find outlets to recycle the
materials, if possible.

Thank you!

Briana Sprague, CHMM
EHS Engineer
Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center
phone (734) 769-4164
fax (734) 213-3405
e-mail bsprague@mmtc.org