RE: Solvent for vinyl

Since the company purchases so much material, would perhaps the supplier be
willing to work with the company to develop an alternative.  PA DEP has a
case study regarding the Kinney Shoe Corporation, Bedford Shoe Company.
This footwear manufacturer reduced solvents significantly in its adhesive.
Perhaps your company would like to look at the study to review the learning
curve discussed in the summary. There is a contact person listed with the
article.

To find this case study, go to the PA DEP web site at
http://www.dep.state.pa.us  .
	CHOOSE	Pollution Prevention and Compliance Assistance
	LOOK FOR	Leadership by Example / Governor's Award for
Environmental Excellence
	SCROLL TO	1995 Governor's Waste Minimization Award Winners
	SCROLL TO	# 14 Kinney Shoe Corporation

	Please update your email address book.  My email address follows
after telephone and fax numbers.  				Thank you.
	Jo Anne (Hollash) Gordon	PA DEP - OPPCA  	15th FL,
RCSOB
	P. O. Box 8772		Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772
	Voice   717-787-0121	Fax   717-783-2703	E-mail
gordon.joanne@dep.state.pa.us
	Please visit our Web Site:   http://www.dep.state.pa.us
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.  We allow them
to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.		--
Buckminster Fuller