Re: Environmental Awareness Days

Wendy,

you may find it interesting anyway. National "Clean Out Your Files Day" is
April 22. As you know, Earth Day is the same. Both fall within "Professional
Secretary's Week." For our Department of Energy client we suggested using all
three. We suggested an awareness campaign to encourage secretaries and office
workers to clean their files to boost a DOE Headquarters office paper
recycling program. DOE Earth Day activities were capped by an awards program
we designed featuring the Secretary of Energy presenting pollution prevention
and recycling awards, the trophies made from recycled nuclear weapons testing
components.

I suspect almost any month will have a holiday or "official" month, week, or
day that can be used to help promote environmental issues.

Oh, and happy Canada Day (July 1!).

Best of luck!

Mark Boylan
WASTREN, Inc