Distilling halogenated solvents

Does anyone have any information on the buildup of hydrochloric acid in the
still bottoms when halogenated solvents (yes there are still companies
using them) are distilled.  I am trying to find out what a typical
concentration of HCl might be in the moisture laden still bottom.l  I am
also trying to find more information about the hydrolysis reaction that
forms the acid.  I understand that many storage tanks corroded from the
indisde due to the buidup of acid both in the still bottoms and in the
solvent as acid must have been carried over into the distillate.  Many
people now add lime to the distillation pot to neutralize the acid,
although not everyone knows about this practice.  Any information would be
useful.  Thank you.

Bob

Dr. Robert B. Pojasek
Adjunct Faculty Lecturer