Fwd: Help

approved: p2net
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
From: "Marvin Fleischman" <m0flei01@gwise.louisville.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Help

Forwarded Mail received from: "almag" <almag@gte.net>
Please disregard some of the personal elements of this message. Any ideas can
be forwarded directly to almag@gte.net or I will forward any responses from p2
tech. Thanks.

From: "almag" <almag@gte.net>
To: "Marv Fleischman" <m0flei01@gwise.louisville.edu>
Subject: Help
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:26:48 -0000

We are still fighting the proposed rock quarry in our neighborhood.  The site
is of the order of 300 yards away from the nearest homes. Do you know of
anyone who is familiar with air quality standards of the US EPA and KY air
quality standards and particulate matter emissions from limestone quarries?
We have a public meeting with the Ky regulatory agency here in Somerset on
this Thursday, July 8th at 6:30 pm.  I have read as many of the regulations
that I could get ahold of and it appears that the intentions of the
regulations are good, but their method of testing leaves a lot to be desired.
They measure particulates as a % of oppacity of the air...which means to me
that a lot of dust is allowed.  Has anyone ever done a spectral analysis of
limestone?  To find out if there are enough contaminates such as chromium,
cadmium, lead, mercury--which if pulverized and blown into the air could lead
to health problems.  If I could get some information or speak to someone with
information which could help us get the permit denied it would be appreciated.
This is short notice we know, but we only found out about the hearing on
Friday.
Let me know one way or the other.

Spoke to Bob.  He and Mary Lou are fine.  Just returned from a Scandanavian
trip.  He ate a lot of fish...  He is thinking of getting a computer and
getting on the web, but is a little timid.

Regards, Al