information

To my dismay, I have discovered that RTK-Net is no longer maintaining the
entire RCRA hazardous waste database.  The web-based data from Envirofacts
supplies a limited amount of data as well.  I gather that all of the data is
available through Envirofacts, provided I have what looks like a thousand
dollars worth of software and a Unix connection to the internet.

Waste generation data have a role to play in pollution prevention, which is
why I'm coming to you folks.  Even though the RCRA data are particularly
difficult to use, they're irreplaceable.  Does anyone know of a way to
access a full RCRA waste database?  I don't think it's available on CD-ROM,
the way TRI data is, and it's not mounted on TOXNET.  The RCRA hot-line
referred me to Envirofacts.

My immediate need is for data on who is generating used lube oil in
California.  It's a California hazardous waste, not a federal hazardous
waste.

Thanks a lot.

Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.
Process Profiles