Concrete Additives

P2 purists please feel free to skip this message. We were recently
contacted by a company looking for ideas for a fibrous material that could
be added to the mix for a lightweight concrete. They were considering
shredded fabric (sans zippers, buttons, etc.) as a possibility and had also
considered straw.  Major consideration was being given to reuse of a
material that is readily available locally. We put them in contact with
local thrift stores and recycling organizations but thought the collective
mind might have some more creative solutions. Thanks for any ideas you
could pass on.

Laura Estes
Peaks to Prairies P2 Information Center
http://www.montana.edu/wwwpeaks/
Montana State University
300 Taylor Hall - Bozeman, MT  59717-3580
Phone: (406) 994-6948 * Fax: (406) 994-5417