Question

Question:

I am helping a company which does dip soldering (lead) as part of
their manufacturing process.  However, a problem arises if too much
solder remains after the dip, and thus they flick the product (a snap
of the wrist) after the dip to throw off the excess solder.  Is there
any other techniques, technologies available to negate this action?
Currently, plastic tarp surrounds the area and is used to catch the
excess solder.  We are looking for a "cleaner" process, so as to
limit the movement of the fresh dipped solder as much as possible.

Ryan Green
greenrm@ksu.edu
1-800-578-8898