Re: Parts Washers

Here in the Midwest, "SystemOne" parts washers are sold by First Recovery, an Ashland Inc. Company (1-800-545-3520).  These parts washers are equipped with a low-temperature, high vacuum distillation unit.

As  part of a recent enforcement settlement (P2 SEP) here at Ohio EPA in our hazardous waste division, a company  installed five (5) SystemOne parts washers.  The company was previously washing parts using solvent in five gallon buckets.  This project is estimated to reduce hazardous waste generation by 7,200 lbs. annually.  The original ROI was estimated at 2.7 years, although I'm not sure the company captured all the cost savings.  To date, the company has been very satisfied with the operation of the washers.

Jeff Lewis
Ohio EPA/Office of Pollution Prevention
Lazarus Government Center
P.O. Box 1049