Coatings operations

Has anyone developed a "cookie cutter" plan for people with
coating or painting operations.   Specificly,  I am looking for
some kind of checklist with a series of options and a brief
description of each option.

Here is an example of the kind of thing I would like
__ Change to powder based coating - Powder coating is...., this
option is best for...., typical payback periods are etc.

__ Switch to water based coating - Water based coatings are....

__ Don't coat at all - Sometimes you only need to paint part of the
product....