Release of the "Profile of Indian Union and States: 1999-2000"

---------------
NOTE FROM LISTMANAGER: PLESE CONTACT hindbits@ndf.vsnl.net.in DIRECTLY TO
RECEIVE A COPY OF THIS PUBLICATION. ATTACHMENTS ARE TOO LONG FOR MAJORDOMO.
--------------

BHARAT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
A - 44, Top Floor, Gujrawala Apartments,
J - Block, Vikaspuri,  New Delhi - 110 018.

Telephone and Fax: +91-11-550 0753

Email: hindbits@ndf.vsnl.net.in

August 13, 1999

Kailash Chandra Gupta
M.E. (Mechanical), Former Professor, BITS, Piulani
Honorary Advisor

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject:	Release of the "Profile of Indian Union and States: 1999-2000"
- a special issue of our regular annual publication of the "Yearbook of
Energy-Environment Statistics (YES)"

Over the five decades after Independence, developmental planning has
helped India to achieve the goals of a planned development process.
However, the benefits of development are not proportionately
distributed to society at micro- and macro-levels, as it is clear from
the fact that there is a disproportionate growth in urban-rural areas.
This is the prime reason behind people migrating from rural to urban
areas. In order to check and minimize such disproportionate and
inequitable growth, we believe that every State has to play a key role
and assume greater responsibility in balanced development of its less
developed areas to enable sustainable development.

In this direction, Bharat Information Technology Services has taken an
initiative to highlight and record the growth patterns of our States by
publishing a Profile of Indian Union and States 1999-2000 with specific
reference to energy, environment and economy. The contents of the same
is attached herewith.

The Profile of Indian Union and States 1999-2000 which is a special
issue of our regular annual publication of the Yearbook of
Energy-Environment Statistics (YES) which has been released in May,
1999 and has already received wide appreciation from cross-section of
Institutions and people on account of its coverage of information and
data. The Bharat Information Technology Services therefore solicits
your order for the "Profile of Indian Union and States: 1999-2000" vide
copy of the order form attached. The price of the said special issue is
Rs. 1500/- per copy (Inland) and $ 200/- per copy (Foreign). The
payment may be sent through a Cheque/Bank Draft favouring Bharat
Information Technology Services payable at New Delhi.

We look forward to your valuable order.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
for Bharat Information Technology Services

(K. C. Gupta)

Juna Z. Snow
List Manager
listman@wmrc.uiuc.edu