Thank You to P2TECH!

P2TECH'ers -

Many, if not most, of the people subscribing to this list work in technical
assistance roles.   A few of us work in R&D.  In both roles, much of what we
do is analogous to "planting seeds" in people's minds.  These seeds often
lie dormant, only to sprout weeks, months, or years after they've been
planted.  Consequently, we may never see the fruits of our labors, and they
are often harvested by others.  This lag between action and reaction can
lead one to wonder how much of an impact we're really having on the world.

Hmmm....perhaps that's the REAL reason that P2 people seem to occasionally
obsess on the topic of measurement?!?

But I digress, as usual.  Getting back to the point of this missive: last
week, a couple of P2TECH subscribers (including yours truly) forwarded an
e-mail from Deborah Gallegos to this list.  Deborah is a high school student
seeking inspiration and direction for a student project on the Environment.
Apparently many of you replied with helpful information, because I received
the following e-mail this weekend:

I just wanted to pass this note along, because it rightfully belongs to
everyone on P2TECH.  I'd also like to add my own thanks to the group.
Though I've been involved with P2TECH since it's inception, and should no
longer be surprised, the quality of people participating on this list
continues to amaze me.

You are good gardeners, all.

Cheers,

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)