From: Jeffrey Kahn [mailto:JKAHN@whitingcorp.com]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 6:45 PM
To: bgreen@ecolink.com
Subject: Phragmites Australis

Bill-
One of our employees has approached me with a concern about phragmites
australis, a giant weed which is overtaking some of the prairie and
other land around here.  He'd like to start an awareness campaign and
would also be interested in any thoughts or information you have on how
this is being controlled and ecologically managed elsewhere.  Perhaps
your friends in the environmental community would have some good input
here.  Thanks.

Jeff